New Mexico SBA Help & Support
This Help & Support page provides all the information you need to keep up to date with New Mexico testing activities.
Additional Science SBA Online Tech Reminders
Important notes for Information Technology Coordinators
- New kiosks are required for the 2018 spring test administration. Download windows and Mac kiosk from the online portal and iPad and Chromebook apps directly from the appropriate app store. You do not need to uninstall previous versions of the kiosk before installing the spring 2018 version.
Important notes for Chromebook users
- If you use managed Chromebooks, you must ensure local user data is not erased. To change or confirm this setting, go to the Device Management menu, then the Chrome Management menu Device Settings section, scroll to the User Data (Erase all local user info, settings, and state after each sign-out) field, select Do not erase all local data from the drop-down list. This will ensure student responses are saved in a secure location on the Chromebook in the event the Chromebook loses its network connection. See page 27 in the Spring 2018 Kiosk Installation Guide for more details.
- When launching the SBA kiosk on a Chromebook, students should not log into the Chromebook. Students should launch the SBA kiosk directly from the app tray at the bottom of the log-in screen. See page 8 of the Spring 2018 Test Administrator’s Technology Guide for more details.
- We strongly encourage Chromebook users to disable device auto updates during the test administration window to prevent potential interruptions during student testing. See page 31 in the Spring 2018 Kiosk Installation Guide for more details.
SBA Purchase Orders and Invoicing
As in past years, districts are responsible for a portion of the cost for SBA testing. However, districts’ per student cost has decreased under the new SBA contract as follows:
- CBT: $10.41 per test submitted for scoring
- PBT: $18.49 per answer booklet returned for scoring